Float Lever

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Float Lever
From: "Laura & Ben Prince" <blprince2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:03:43 -0700
On page 32 of the Hayes SU Carb manual, a rod measuring .44 in/11 mm is
specified to set the height of the float lever.  This equates to 7/16".  Also,
page 119 of the T type Restoration Handbook specifies 7/16".

On the other hand, page B.11 of my TD/TF workshop manual shows 3/8" as the
magic number.  Whom do we believe?  I have always used 3/8" and things have
worked OK, but which is correct?  Is it 3/8" or 7/16"?

By the way, to avoid interference with the plunger, I prefer a thin long
rectangle (shaped like a Popsicle stick) instead of a rod.  The metal "stick"
is placed on edge, currently measuring 3/8" in height.  I am also considering
making a 7/16" metal "stick", so I would then have "go/no-go" measuring
devises.  Or perhaps the average 13/32" stick might be  the best solution.

Ben

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///