Re: Float Lever

To: Laura & Ben Prince <blprince2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Float Lever
From: Gerald Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 15:26:59 -0700
Laura & Ben Prince wrote:

> On page 32 of the Hayes SU Carb manual, a rod measuring .44 in/11 mm is
> specified to set the height of the float lever.  This equates to 7/16".  Also,
> page 119 of the T type Restoration Handbook specifies 7/16".
>
> On the other hand, page B.11 of my TD/TF workshop manual shows 3/8" as the
> magic number.  Whom do we believe?  I have always used 3/8" and things have
> worked OK, but which is correct?  Is it 3/8" or 7/16"?
>
> By the way, to avoid interference with the plunger, I prefer a thin long
> rectangle (shaped like a Popsicle stick) instead of a rod.  The metal "stick"
> is placed on edge, currently measuring 3/8" in height.  I am also considering
> making a 7/16" metal "stick", so I would then have "go/no-go" measuring
> devises.  Or perhaps the average 13/32" stick might be  the best solution.
>
> Ben
> ///

Ben
The proper way to set the float by pulling out the choke all the way and look
into the top of the seat, with the piston out. Turn on the pump and  the fuel
should be just below the top of the seat. This procedure is required since there
are so many different float valves and they are all different.

Jerry

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///