RE: Tappets, again

To: MG-T <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tappets, again
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:38:26 -0500 (EST)
Yes, the cam lobe is slightly off center relative to the tappet, the idea
being that this will rotate the tappet.  Sometimes it even works.  There
have been lots of methods used over the years to make tappets rotate.
AFAIK the most successful has been the tapered cam lobe in combination
with a slightly domed tappet face.

However I think the primary contributor to wear in the XPAG/XPAG setup is
the narrowness of the cam lobes.  They need to be much wider to spread the
load over greater surface area.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E

///