Re: Can't Read Dip Stick when Engine Hot

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: Can't Read Dip Stick when Engine Hot
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:36:04 -0700
Bob,

Are you sure that the oil has all drained back into the sump?  When I
have been traveling with the TD, I check the oil level in the morning
after it has all drained back to the sump.  Otherwise, I get a false low
reading.  If, as you said the oil is there, but you just can't read it
on the dip stick (because it is chromed), try laying the dipstick on a
paper towel.  The towel will turn dark where the oil is and then you can
read it.

Good luck,
Dave