Re: Cam grinder \ Synthetics again

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam grinder \ Synthetics again
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:07:33 -0500
What's the advantage of the late cam over the early cam (assuming there is
an advantage)?

BTW: I reckon my cam is on it's last leg, as it is at the minimum lift spec
found in the shop manual. (But it IS in spec, and the engine is running
fine.) Would synthetic motor oil significantly prolong the life of my cam?
Synthetics claims to reduce wear, but will it really make the engine run
longer between rebuilds? (This is the real question in my mind. Who cares
about the temperature range, oil change interval, etc. I just want my engine
to last longer.)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470