Re: Cam grinder \ Synthetics again

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: Cam grinder \ Synthetics again
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:48:51 -0500
Bob:

I can't speak from actually experience as I've never
experimented with the different cams in the same engine.

However, all recommendations (several) I've read say the
late TD 0.012" cam gives better accelleration and pulling
power in the lower RPM range around 4000.  To quote WFK
Woods:
"168553 (or later number AAA3096) was introduced after
TD2/24116.  It has very good low speed characteristics,
hence good accelleration and pulling on hills.  Its peak
poser output is equal to, or perhaps a bit berrer than
X24084.  (the early cam)  Use this cam ina any street
machine, whether standard or of fairly high tune."

<<<snip>>>
"I reckon my cam is on it's last leg."
<<<snip>>>
Again, according to all references the XPAG cams are not
long lived.  So, if it really is on it's last legs, then
synthetic may be too late.
--
Blake
MG TD