Re: Crane Cams

To: Douglas Ormrod <douglas.ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Subject: Re: Crane Cams
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:52:34 -0400
Hi Douglas,

      Something's odd here.  Last Spring Crane only had one camshaft for TD's,
their #553-OS.  I'm amazed that they suddenly have another.  Looking at these
new
Crane webpages, I find myself wondering if there may not be a snag somewhere.
The first one, F-222/280-2-10, reads awfully funny for a TD ..."2600-3200 cruise
RPM, 9.0 to 10.75 compression ratio".  That's an odd set of parameters. I see
that the same cam is listed in the next section for MGA/MGB.
I think that I'd confirm this with Crane before I ordered anything other than
their 553-OS.

BTW, I'm quite happy with the 553-OS that I installed in my 9:1 ratio XPAG.

Bud Krueger
52TD (w/late 53 engine at ~60 hp)