Re: Fan Bolt

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fan Bolt
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:14:36 -0500
<<<snip>>>
I haven't seen the result of a blade shedding off the TD
fan,
<<<Snip>>>
I have.  In fact it happened to me while cruising across
Montana in 1976.  In this instance one blade of the four
fractured off and hit the cross member on it's way out the
bottom.  I was VERY lucky.  The engine vibrated like he!!
when the blade went.  We couldn't see at first what had
happened.  There wasn't a mark on the top tank, or the
bonnet panels.  We removed the opposite side, and I've run
the car ever since with just the one complete blade set.

Blake