Re: [mg-tabc] TC 5146 Rewire

To: "mg-tabc" <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>, "MG-T LIST"
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TC 5146 Rewire
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:35:34 +1000
Mark

I think it's a very worthy topic.

I would expect a TC to show +2 or +3A daylight (ie no lights on) running.
Lights consume about 10A (side & tail 2A, head 8A), but the CVC system will
compensate and you should run close to 0A at cruising speed.

Back in the 60's when I drove a TC all the time, I commuted (very short
trips), drove night rallies and drove all night on holiday trips London to
Germany, etc. The battery never ran flat, except the time when the dynamo
quit in Italy and we drove back to UK periodically swapping batteries with
our friends' car.

Maybe the oddball wiring colors reflect some real errors in the way it's all
hitched up?

I'd be inclined to work to the wiring diagram.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC
Sydney