Front Dampeners

To: MG Net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Dampeners
From: Gene Fodor <crownwhl@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:26:58 -0400
Listers, the previous owner of my 53 TD gave me the 'original' front
dampeners that were removed many years ago.
Neither work. In examining the units, I found that on each side of the
housing, there is a large letter 'R', I took to mean 'right'. When I
looked at the other housing, it also had the letter 'R'.  Then looking
at the units currently on the car, both left and right side units also
show the letter 'R'. I have to now believe that it does not refer to
right/left. Any thoughts.
Also, who is a good source to rebuild them?
Gene, Vermont
53 TD