Re: Tonneau covers / rain cover

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau covers / rain cover
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:21:03 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2005 4:45:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bobmgtd@insightbb.com writes:

> Someone ought to make a full tonneau WITHOUT a zipper. I know there are a
> few people who like to cover
> the passenger side while driving, but I bet most people are more interested
> in keeping the rain out. (BTW, I find the half-on tonneau buffets violently
> at highway speed. How can anyone drive like that?)

I designed my hood and tonneau for my TA so that they are complementary.
They are both dark Blue Stayfast with maroon piping.
The hood fastens to the rear rail with double long lift a dots so if there is
a need to put the hood up (and i seldom put it up), I put the tonneau on
first, then snap the hood over the tonneau Liftadots, fasten the tonneau down
except the drivers side and I'm in like a cockpit....the tonneau has 3 zippers,
one down the middle and two in the sides so that I can have side flaps/kidney
warmers.  This way, there is no need for side curtains and I don't carry them.
I've never had side curtians on the TA since I've owned it, 20 years now.  I've
driven it this way in driving rain in the Grand Tetons and in the Marin
County in a New Years day driving rain.....you get less wet with this system
than
with side curtains.

I have jpeg's of this if anyone is interested.

Terry in Oakland