couours and tach drive and handbrake spring

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: couours and tach drive and handbrake spring
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:21:08 +1300
Couple or three disparate questions

1. I have painted my TD Almond Green - not correct for my year, but I
prefer it to the darker BRG green which was the original colour.
Upholstery is beige. I was wondering what wing piping I should use. Does
anyone have a car this colour? I assume the green piping Moss sells is
to match the darker green. So I guess my options are to use black, or
get cream and try and paint it with spray paint to match  - anyone done
this? Is black acceptable?

2. I have stripped down my tach drive gearbox. Gears seem fine but the
thin bushing in one side that the gear shaft runs in is worn. Moss does
not seem to sell bushes for the tach gearbox. Can I just use some thin
shim? What grease or oil should it be packed with?

3. I need the spring and bushes/washers that fit over the end of the
handbrake pawl shaft. Moss don't have these - anyone know where I can
get them?

That's enough for one day.

Cheers

Douglas