Re: Start-up Procedure

To: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Start-up Procedure
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:07:02 -0400
Bill,

The TD's carburetors contain no pumps, so depressing the accelerator
will gain you nothing. If the carburetors have been set up properly, all
that you need to do is to pull the choke knob out as far as it will go.
In addition to lowering the jet so as to enrichen the mixture, this
action will also advance the throttle and have the engine ready to
start.  In fact, it's a common practice to depress the accelerator as
you pull out the choke to make it easier to pull out the choke.

There is no electrical linkage between the starter switch and the
ignition.  Just release the starter knob as soon as the engine  fires
up.  That's also about the time that you'll want to push the choke knob
in to the next detent while the engine warms up and you can yell 'whoopee'!

Good luck,

Bud Krueger