Re: New TF in the family

To: Howard Battan <battanhr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: New TF in the family
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:06:56 -0700
Howard,

Welcome to the world of T series MGs.  The Clausager book, as Bud
stated, is good for looking at slick pictures of the cars and is fairly
accurate for originality, but for the price you can do better to get The
T Series Handbook and Restoration Guide.  In my opinion, this is the
best book for explaining each of the T series points of originality and
for technical tips.  It was published by the New England MG 'T' Register
and is available from Brit Books at http://www.britbooks.com/index.htm
and I believe that Moss Motors also carries it.  The other indispensable
book is the Shop Manual for the TF.  These are available from Moss
Motors and Abingdon Spares.

Since you are in Anacortes, I would recommend that you contact Lee Dawes
at 293-4674 if you have not already met him.  Lee is a TD owner
(purchased new by him in Libya and it still sports the Libyan plates).
Lee can give you pointers on the T series cars  to get you started.  I
would also like to invite you to join the Northwest MG 'T' Register as a
gathering of like minded people owning T series cars in the Western
Washington State area.  See our web site at
http://homepages.donobi.net/nwmgtr/ for information about the Register,
upcoming events and a printable membership form that you can fill out
and send in.

Cheers,
Dave
Membership Chairman