Glad to hear of the TF...TD Dies on road

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Glad to hear of the TF...TD Dies on road
From: Lordshill@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:38:44 EDT
The trials and problems of the 53 continue. Having conquered the electrical
problems with the assistance and advice of member of this group I decided to
take it to a local garage for it's yearly inspection (safety and such).  A
distance of 7 miles it ran great over to the shop.  Passed inspection and I
bought a tank full of gas for the bargain price of $2.99.99.  Headed back  to
home and about 3 miles into the trip the TD just died.  It would not  even turn
over.  Temps seemed in range.  Had my son tow me home.   Never had a seized
engine before but now I do.  The wonderful world of TD  motoring.  The strange
thing was that it was perfect one second and dead  the next..Anyone know of an
engine available?

Roy
53 TD (now dead)
61 MGA