Resolution: Help! No Electricity!

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Resolution: Help! No Electricity!
From: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:09:58 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied.  Per the suggestions of the
folks here I cleaned up the battery connections and then replaced the line
that runs from the battery to the starter with a jumper cable.  Checked the
voltage and I was at 12.54 volts at the starter...  Turned the ignition key
and I was back down to 5 volts and change.  So, it looks like the battery's
the problem and I'll be taking it back tomorrow as it's still under
warranty.

HOWEVER, here's my mystery:  I replaced the voltage regulator on Monday with
a new one.  I put maybe 18 miles on the TD since then.  Can a
mal-functioning reg short a cell in the battery?

Thanks for everything,

Scott Allen
52 TD
74 1/2 BGT