Re: td oil pan

To: krislynco.llc@adelphia.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: td oil pan
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 19:17:56 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/2007 3:58:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
krislynco.llc@adelphia.net writes:

> it appears p/o may have put some aluminum paint or grey
> paint..  are they left bare aluminum as original and what would i clean and
> properly seal it with. also where can i find information on what is correctly
> painted what color and such..??

The factory painted them engine color rock but most of us leave them bare
..... one of my PO's chromed the timing chain cover!  You might want to seal
the
inside of the pan with "Gyptol"  available from Eastwood as some pan were
porus and weeped.
Terry
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>