Re: td oil pan

To: krislynco.llc@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: td oil pan
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 10:06:01 -0400
Hi Rocky,
    Once the engines were assembled they were hung up and sprayed red all
over--timing cover, sump, block, head, oil line from block to head, etc.,
the whole works. We like to see the aluminium timing cover and the sump
bright metal; it's much nicer looking, but the sort of thing that would
have taken more time at the factory thus did not get done.  Strickly
correctly, then, they should be same MG red as the block.
    If you can clean up timing cover and sump and get off all the old
paint(s), they can be left bright aluminium.  A clear spray helps to keep
the metal shiny for a time.  Hirsch (maybe it's Eastwood) makes a paint
that looks like cast aluminium, which will cover up imperfections that
you can't get out. It looks sharp and lasts a long time.
Bob