Re: TD Fuel Pump

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Fuel Pump
From: "John Quilter" <jquilter@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 19:29:00 -0700
A problem I had with my TD fuel pump a while back was after sitting for a
few months one of the one way disc valves in the body of the pump was stuck
shut from fuel residue.  The pump would not put any fuel out the outlet at
all since the valve was stuck closed.  After cleaning the disc of the crud
on it the pump worked fine.  I am always suspect of what they are putting in
our fuel these days and how it may effect our older fuel systems.   Not sure
if this is your problem but I'll put it out there for consideration anyway.

John F. Quilter
Brisbane, California