Re: [Mg-t] more td head questions

To: MG-T Group <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] more td head questions
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:20:04 -0700
I agree with Bob. I have never heard of extra strength head studs.
I don't reuse them, as they stretch. All head studs stretch, and should
be
replaced when building an engine.

Some other cause can lead to blowing head gaskets. If one carb is rich,
and
the other lean, that makes one side cooler than the other, one expands
differently
than the other. Or, some other flow obstruction, on either the intake
or exhaust side.

Are you checking the head and block to verify that they are both flat
and level?
After each gasket failure?

John Seim
Irvine, CA