[Mg-t] MG TD gas tank supports

To: <Mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] MG TD gas tank supports
From: "Francis Precht" <FPrecht@frostburg.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:15:56 -0400
I'd like to mount the wedge-shaped supports to the rear tank board on my TD
(back of the body tub), but my basket case did not come with an old board from
which I could measure the proper location.  Replacement board came with no
holes or indications of where the supports should go.  I would guess that the
most critical measurement would be spacing from the top/bottom since this
would determine the resulting space between the top of the tank and the rear
of the body tub.  I would guess that maybe the supports are aligned with the
tank straps, but that's just a rough guess.

Could someone please measure either to the edge of the flange or the location
of the mounting holes for me??  Inside the boot area or outside measurements
would be great.  I know that out there somewhere, someone either doesn't have
their interior completely installed or has their gas tank off the car.