Re: [Mg-t] test

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] test
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:02:51 -0700
> Can anyone get this problem corrected.

Well, yes and no.  The problem will exist as long as those incompetent
money-grubbing scumbags at AOL refuse to hire tech people with more
than maybe half a dozen or so brain cells.

Basically AOL subscribers have an option to click on a button that
marks a message as unwanted spam.  As list administrator, I then
get a message that basically says "some AOL subscriber claims
that some message from some list on one of your servers is spam."

They provide NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER as to who
it is and what list they might be on, claiming privacy issues.  Gee,
what do they think I am going to do?  If they told me who was
offended by getting the messages from the list to which they
subscribed, I could fix the problem with no trouble.  But no,
they just waste my time sending me a message that has no value
whatsoever.  Sheesh.

But mailman has the option of adding each recipient address to the
messages sent to that person.  So I get list mail with my address at
the bottom, you get list mail with  your address at the bottom.  No
one ever sees it , except for those folks who for whatever reason
don't edit their replies and  send it out with their responses.  That's
their problem, not mine.

Anyway, I have  set the list to not add the personal email to messages.
It  will stay that way until the next incompetent AOL whiner comes
along, forcing my hand once again.

mjb.