[Mg-t] Hood Props

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] Hood Props
From: JagMkV@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:36:09 EDT
About 15 years ago I saw the perfect hood prop, and made one for  myself.
Take one of those brown rubber, sort of triangular door  propper-openers, you
know, the kind you slide under a door to keep it  open.  Then cut a "V" around
the middle of the top.  Not too deep, a  third of an inch is fine.  Put it on
the top of the tool kit and put the  edge of the hood (bonnet) into it.  It
won't slide, because it's  rubber.  The bonnet won't come out because of the
"V"
you cut into  it.  In all, I think I paid $.79 for each of two (one for each
side).   Today, plan to spend $1.79 each.  Four under four bucks, you can't go
wrong.  I have used mine for about fifteen years, and they show no sign of
wear.  My grandkids will probably still be using them well into the second
half of the 2ist century.
Craig carragan
Southbury, CT USA

listings at AOL Autos.