[Mg-t] Axle?

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Axle?
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:27:44 -0400
I think I broke an axle today.  I had just completed a left turn onto a hill.
At the bottom of the hill just as I started to accelerate, it felt like the
clutch slipped, then nothing.  No power at all.   Looking under the car, I
could see that, when in gear, the driveshaft turns - so power goes into the
differential, but no power comes out.
What do you think?  I'm actually hoping it's an axle and not something more
expensive and involved.
Anyone know what's involved in swapping a broken axle out?