Re: [Mg-t] Axle?

To: Bob Grunau <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Axle?
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:44:50 -0400
Sorry Bob, the car is a 1954 TF 1250.  Thanks for the email!> From:
grunau.garage@sympatico.ca> To: redscirocco@hotmail.com> Subject: RE: [Mg-t]
Axle?> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:40:26 -0400> > Mike,> You don't mention the
car, TD? TF? are the same.> TA/TB/TC are the same but entirely different
design from TD/TF.> > Problem might bne in the crown wheel and pinion gears
but I doubt it.> > Most likely a busted axle shaft. Assuming its a TD, I
personally would take> the rear axle out of the car, strip it, clean out the
swarf from the busted> axle, check gear backlash and spider gear thrust shims
. Axles break for a> reason, might be something wrong inside?? Worth
checking.> Then buy new axles for both sides, I think Jerry Austin in
California sells> them??> Good luck,> Bob Grunau> >