[Mg-t] Brake Lub

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Brake Lub
From: "Stuart C. Keen, Jr." <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:17:02 -0400
I am in the process of rebuilding the rear brakes of my MG TD. Everything is
clean now. What type of lub do I use for the area where the wheel cylinder
assembly (Moss 180-630) slides up and down? Should I use brake grease,
silicone, oil or leave it dry. My concern is that if lubed, then it could
attract dirt and cause problems in the future. I find nothing in the
workshop manual pertaining to lubricating this part.

Also, I find that after I clean the drums with brake cleaner, they tend to
rust. Should I smear a light coat of oil on the areas not contacted by the
brake shoes? How to prevent rust?

Thanks for your help, one and all.

Stu Keen
1951 MGTD Mark II