Re: rear end ratios

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: rear end ratios
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:21:42 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Jim, great post.  I sure wish it were 67'F here in Denver and I was
driving my V8 ,,,,,,,,,,, someday.  (By the way how about those
Bronco's).

What ratio was the rear end you removed?

I know there is a reason to move away from the 3.90 toward the 3.00
ratio.  My plan is to use the T5 with the .63 5th gear ratio.  Right now
my 4 cylinder with a .82 overdrive 4th gear turns about 3000 rpm when
going 65 mph, with the T5 the rpm will go down to about 2250 rpm at the
same speed.  So I may try the 3.90 rear end for a while.  Did you (or has
anyone else out there?) used the 3.90 rear end ratio?  What were your
reactions?

I figured that I would put the engine and transmission at the top of my
list, and put the rear end at the bottom of the list  (hehe, couldn't
resist).   Any comments?

One last question, does anyone know if Glen Towery has an email address?

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (one half of a V8)
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.