RE: Fuel Pump

To: "'James Nazarian Jr'" <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>, "Kile, Paul D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:57:23 -0700
Cc: "'Paul Hunt'" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, MGS Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>, V8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,
I am counting Canada as well, my friend Dan Suter from New York has done the
most work to research and put the current list together.  I know that some
of the cars (including mine!) are not currently on the road. As for the rest
of North America, we have no reports as yet of any Factory V-8s in Mexico.

The most ironic thing is that none of the original 7 "Federal spec" V-8s are
in North America!  When BL pulled the plug on North American V-8 sales, all
7 Federal cars were re-engined with British spec engines and were sold in
Continental Europe (Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, and Italy).  The closest
thing to a Federal spec car here in the States is a prototype car that was
discovered as a bare bodyshell and built up for Lyle York in Massachusetts.
This car was believed to have been used by the Factory for brake cooling
research prior to construction of the pre-production series.

Cheers,
Paul Kile