Re: Won't Start :-(

To: <Wake074@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Won't Start :-(
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:47:26 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
You can't get the distributor in 180 degrees out of alignment.  The drive
bar mat look like it is in the centre and hence could fit either way round,
but it is offset to one side slightly.

Have you checked to see the timing light being triggered on every plug lead?

Have you removed a plug after a period of cranking and sniffed it?  If you
smell no petrol you have, well, no petrol coming through.  If it is wet it
is flooded/too rich.  You should be able to smell petrol but no be soaked.

PaulH.