Distributor, Water Pump, Tach Circuit

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor, Water Pump, Tach Circuit
From: "J MILLER" <road1978@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 20:50:02 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Three Questions

Trying to purchase the correct distributor for my 61 Buick 215.  The parts
store only list distributors for 62 Olds F-85 and Cutlass with 215 motors.
Are the distributors interchangeable?

Also my water pump pulley sticks out (away from the engine) about one bets
width farther then the crank pulley.  Did I just get a bad water pump or is
my crank pulley wrong?

Just read a correction in the V8 Newsletter on the tachometer potentiometer
connections to the 8 pin chip should be between 3 and 8.  I have also read
other places on the web to connect the potentiometer between pins 4 and 7
with comments from several V8ers that it worked.  Which is correct or will
they both work.  I don’t have the previous Newsletter.

Thanks

Jim Miller