RE: MGB Crossmember

To: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Crossmember
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:48:08 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I used the standard MGB Xmember and the standard mounting hole locations.  I
did have to drill out the center hole on the xmember a
bit to fit the GM T-5 transmission mount.

The GM transmission mount is a rubber deal with one stud on one end a spot for
two bolts to fasten to the other end.  The single
stud on the rubber transmission mount points down and goes through the Xmember.
 I made an adapter from two angle irons and a couple
of bolts.  The adapter bolts to the transmission, the rubber mount bolts
between the the adapter and the crossmember.  Confused yet?

Check http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/V8mainpage.htm  then go to the "My
conversion" page.

Larry Hoy