Weber/Edelbrock tuning

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber/Edelbrock tuning
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:49:35 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I have a new Weber 500 on my Factory V8. I don't know anything about tuning
these, can someone recommend a reference book? I am fine on SU's but Webers
no.

Does the Weber have mixture adjustments for the first four front cylinders and
the rear four? The reason I ask is I feel I am running a _little rich (lumpy
idle) and when I pull the plugs, the front four look noticeably richer (darker
brown, more soot) and my MPG ain't the best. I know it could be better. The
mix was set at around 3.5-4% by RPI but everyone was in a rush that day.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Neil