Re: Need help with Ford 8" disassembly

To: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Need help with Ford 8" disassembly
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@solve.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:05:06 -0600
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Michael Hartwig wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to get the axles out of a Ford 8".  I've taken off the
> 4 bolts that hold the drum brakes on, and tried prying on the axle flange.
>
> Mike

 You will need to take the cover off the back of the differential (after
draining
w/ the drain plug or it will drain all at once!)  Once you're there, there will
be
a little clip-type thing at the diff that holds the axle in.  Actually, one on
each side.  They should come out w/ your fingers.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420