Flywheel bolts

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel bolts
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:46:17 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Folks at world,

Just a snippet of information.

I was fitting my new flywheel to my new RPi Rover 3.5L and noticed the
grade 8 bolts supplied were not shouldered.  I checked with RPi in England
and they said normal practice is shouldered only on automatics.  But it
seems inelegant so I pressed the point and they advised ARP 100-2801 bolts
would do the trick.  I got Mr Gasket equivalents which are also
shouldered.  Not an earth shaking thing but I feel if you do it right you
do it right!!