aluminum flywheel information

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: aluminum flywheel information
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:19:40 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a (unfinished) 302 Ford in my B, and I'm considering an aluminum
flywheel due to the light weight of the car.  I've heard they are
'troublesome', but no reason was given, but I also saw a few aluminum
flywheels at the 1999 meet in Cleveland.  Will somebode with actual
experience with one of 'our' cars with an aluminum flywheel please tell me
their experiences?  I'd like to know what's wrong if that's the outcome, and
any positive points, too.  The car will be used for spirited street driving,
with only occasional trips to a track, has a T5, a 2:71 (I think)  mopar rear
end, and should have in the range of potentially 300-350 hp, if those are
factors.