T5 V8 Transmisssion Wanted

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: T5 V8 Transmisssion Wanted
From: "Jeffrey Howell" <howellmail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:28:00 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am looking for a GM T5 with the .63 5th gear.  This is the tranny with the
fine splines or 26 count spline.  Does anyone have one that is rebuildable or
one that is in good condition for sale.  I have found 2 at junk yards, but
they want an arm and a leg and they don't know the condition.  Rather know the
background and know that it was working or is just a core and could be
rebuilt.  If you have one please let me know the condition and price.
I have a V6 tranny that works fine, but I could pull a truck in 1st gear.
Does anyone know anyone who can take a V6 T5 and put the V8 gearing in it?
Thank you,
Jeff Howell