Re: wheel well aerodynamics

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel well aerodynamics
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:57:31 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, since air is probably being forced through the rad in forward motion
it is probably raising the pressure inside the engine bay.  Cut holes in the
wings and some of that pressure will probably exit through them, so the
pressure in the wells will rise a little to what it was.  Whether that is
now higher or lower pressure than the footwells inside the cabin is anyone's
guess.  I would have thought a hole between cabin and wheel-well would have
allowed the cabin to fill up with road dirt, rain, and with holes in the
inner wings with engine fumes, oil mist and hot air too.