Broken motor mounts

To: "MGB-V8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken motor mounts
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:56:32 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Listers, and especially you big-engine guys,
I just started to notice my shifter moving around a bit in first gear, put
the car up on a lift and found that both rubber motor mounts are broken.
It's the classic rubber torn away from the metal plate break.
I got these hard V8-spec rubber mounts from Glenn Towery.  They had a good
firm feel and controlled engine torque very well...
Anybody have any advice on replacements?  It is going to be a major battle
to get new mounts in there, and I only want to do this once, ever again.
I hear that Moss can get V8 spec mount rubber now, anybody have experience
with theirs?
Glenn, the self-proclaimed master smasher of all things, what mounts are you
using now?  Have you found any you can't break?
Thanks...

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
3.5l SD1, injected, all stock, LT77 trans, 3.07:1 rear
San Diego