RE: Getting into it.... Possibly a repeat of my old post

To: "Larry E" <Larry@embreyfamily.com>, "Chaz S" <chazlegrand@hotmail.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Getting into it.... Possibly a repeat of my old post
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:34:15 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry-

I have seen several versions of this load leveler & it certainly makes
sense. Trying to keep things simple, I did not go into much detail about
engine removal/install. On all the conversions  I have done, or been
involved with(5), I cut away the slam panel- the piece that supports the
bonnet latch- between the radiator supports. I remove the vertical stiffener
as well. This really simplifies engine removal/install, & eliminates the
large angle of insertion, so the tilt mechanism you use is not required. I
cut a slam panel from a salvage car, trimming the ends a bit so it can be
installed on top of the remaining panel ends. There are several bolt holes
existing in the panel ends, including a pair on the front lip on each side.
This provides plenty of attachment, & in 15 years of car shows, no one has
ever noticed the overlayed panels. I have never had any problem with the
hood/bonnet latching. This make radiator & fan installation (& A/C) a lot
easier.

If anyone needs a picture, I can e-mail you off line.

Jim Stuart