Fuel pump Update

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump Update
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:13:00 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi all,

Guess what? See below.. bit of an omission I thought (!). Anyway I thought I
would alert the rest of the list to this. In fact, I haven't bought another
Facet. I was going to but at the last minute changed my mind. I now have an
original SU type from Burlen - stuff the WOT @ 80mph (for now eh). Couple of
questions.

I, yes I admit it - I butchered my fuel line fitting to use this @!$%$#@
pump. I cut off the std SU fittings and used flexible line to the Facet -
the only way to do it. Now I have to go back of course. ;) MG gods slapped
me for my ireverance eh!! ;)  I hear that the later cars used flexible lines
to the pump - is that correct? If so, is there some such fitting for the
pump that allows me to use flexible lines? Anyone know if the pumps are the
same, just the fitting is different?

Cheers,
Neil

---

Neil,

I'm sorry you experienced trouble with one of our pumps.  This is not a
common problem although we did experience some failures of this nature.
Corrective action for this problem was instituted in July of 99 in
production.  Since that date there have been VERY Few failures of this kind.
I would be interested to know the date code on the pump if you still have
it.  It will be an alpfha-numeric code stamped on the mounting foot of the
pump such as C9D.

For your information we are in process of converting all of the interrupter
pump configurations to a solid state design.  This eliminates the lead wire
issue as well as the contact issues associated with production and design
life.  The silver top has not yet been converted but is should be out this
year.

Best regards

Craig S. Weber
Technical Director