RE: Fuel pump Update

To: "'paul.hunt1@virgin.net'" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "'Neil Cotty'" <neilc@apphosting.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel pump Update
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:27:19 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Paul:

        I think Neil is trying to get the car back on the road without
replacing the braided fuel line and steel line to tank.

        On the original car the line from the tank has a threaded fitting
that connects to a banjo at the pump.  The outlet braided hose has a crimped
banjo fitting and slides onto the steel line to carb.

        I've suggested to other folk that the outlet hose with banjo is a
good hose to use if the inlet steel line has had the threaded fitting cut
off.

        Alternately the late model barbed fittings can be used with regular
fuel line as a cheaper alternative.

K.