RE: V8 Gearbox conversions

To: "'Neil Cotty'" <neilc@apphosting.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: V8 Gearbox conversions
From: Simon Green <sgreen@eurobell.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:52:44 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Neil
The B gear box is just not up to the job...138bhp form you factory V8 was
about as far as it would go.
The latest gear box used in the Range Rover is meant to be the best but
still a bit to much for most.
If my 5 speed rover box go's I was going to look at the T5 Ford box from
cars like the Ford Cosworth. Think it mite have been in the XR4I as well?
I have seen a 550bhp water injected full on turbo nutter job with just a
upgraded clutch and no problems on the standed box. Apart from will spin at
100mph (it was damp).
The other good thing about this box is a sweeter change than the Rover box.
The down side is what ever you go for (unless it is the B gear box) you will
have to widen the gear box tunnel from the bulk head.
I have about 3 books on this and if you go to  http://www.mgcars.org.uk/
have a look under V8 and you should find more info.
Also call Dave at V8 Conversions on 01689 858716. Hi is over in Kent and
full of good advice.

Hope this helps..

Simon Green

Horsham