S B Ford block question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: S B Ford block question
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:50:47 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have an old (1969) 302 Ford engine I'm putting in my B.  Clearances are
tight, of course, and I heard that Ford changed something about the block
externally that makes the newer 302 blocks slightly taller or wider at the
top.   I also heard today that this is NOT true and that all 302 blocks are
entirely interchangeable.  My question is not only is or is this not true,
but if I should come into a good amount of fun money and buy an aluminum 302
block from Ford Motorsport, would there be ANY differences from my 1969
block?  Specifically, are all internals interchangeable (hard to believe from
Ford) and would heads fit EXACTLY the same so that headers would fit exactly
the same???    Who can I ask if not the List?