Re: Dwell/gap

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <dkern@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Dwell/gap
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:46:00 -0000
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Main Entry: dwell
Pronunciation: 'dwel
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): dwelled   /'dweld, 'dwelt/; or dwelt  /'dwelt/; dwelling
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English dwellan to go astray, hinder;
akin to Old High German twellen to tarry
Date: 13th century
1 : to remain for a time
2 a : to live as a resident b : EXIST, LIE
3 a : to keep the attention directed -- used with on or upon <tried not to
dwell on my fears> b : to speak or write insistently -- used with on or upon
<leering reviewers dwelled on a publicity photograph -- James Atlas>
- dwell7er noun

It refers to the length of time in degrees or percent that the points are
closed.