mgb-v8@autox.team.net

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
From: "bret duff" <bretduff@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:32:40 +0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
OK let's try this again.

First of all - apologies for all of the previous emails and to all of you
purists out there who might think what I'm about to do amounts to sacrilege.
But I need some help.

I have a 78 MGB that I want to drop in a V6. I'd considered a V8 for the
longest time before I started seeing more and more info on guys such as myself
opting for the V6 for various reasons. Listed among some of the pros for this
are little or no modifications to the front end and the price. Comments &
suggestions are welcome - but try to be kind.

Anyway I am currently looking at locating a donor car with a Chevy V6 2.8L or
3.4L with a T5 trans. I've seen lots of Comaros & Firebirds (83 to 92) with
this basic setup and have seen various installation kits available on the web -
that (claim to) make this basically a bolt on affair. Again comments &
suggestions welcome.

Problem is I live in California & have discovered that our states smog laws are
vary sensitive and are quite involved where engine swaps are concerned. What
I'm looking for is someone who might have traveled down this path already to
advise me as to what I can expect.

Kind regards,

Bret