Re: mgb-v8@autox.team.net CA Smog Laws

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb-v8@autox.team.net CA Smog Laws
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:26:06 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
During my attempt to build a Cobra kit, (in California), my experience was
that you had to satisfy the smog requirements for the engine and vehicle it
came out of.  If you took a 427 from a 66 Ford Fairlane, you had to adhere
to 66 427 Ford Fairlane emission standards.  You also had to produce a
document stating where the engine came from.

However, I never finished the kit.  I never got to the registration phase.
And now all vehicles 1973 and older are exempt.

I passed on a free 78 Spitfire recently just because I did not want to deal
with Smog laws.  I think it is good advice to stay away from 74 and above

Paul w.
64 TR4 Stock Engine
Looking for a TR3 to shoehorn.