V8 block

To: "V8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: V8 block
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:14:26 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I was describing to a well-known engine builder problems I was having with
my factory V8 cooling system pumping up with air.  I described how I had
tested the coolant for combustion gases as I suspected head gasket but that
came up negative.  He suggested the block might have become porous.  Two
things strike me here - I had already said there was no combustion gases in
the coolant, and doesn't the allow block have steel sleeves in the bores?
Am I missing something or is he?