radio

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: radio
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:17:05 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a 71 roadster B, and as part of the V8 conversion effort, the interior
has some changes, and one is the radio in the console..  I'd like to keep the
console but install a new tuner/amp with reasonable power.   I want it to
remain with the 'British' look, though, so when I replace the radio, I dont
want a contemporary unit that has dozens of tiny buttons and sleek multi
color graphics.  I want a unit that looks like the original one, with several
FM presets via only 5 (or so) buttons designed to fit an adult's fingers and
two spinning knobs - one to turn on/off and volume and the other tuning.  I
also would like it to accept a CD.  Can anyone point me to a catalog or
website with 'retro look' modern audio sets for our cars?