Shall the mysterious person step forward!

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, Jeffrey Howell <howellmail@worldnet.att.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Shall the mysterious person step forward!
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:02:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
He or she would be me, which would fall under the he
category :-)  I've been on "lurk" mode for the last
couple of years (with a few exceptions).

I'm suprised the AOL page is even still functional.  I
haven't had AOL for almost 3 years.  At the time I was
trying to create a guestbook type page for people to
put info in.  I ended up with numerous results
(probably the single largest list anywhere of actual
conversions) but it was hardly user friendly.  I'm not
a web programmer and AOL has very limitted cgi scripts
that could be run.  I was trying to make their
guestbook cgi script work for what I was trying to do.
 The add a car function may not even work anymore, now
that I don't have an account.

Please don't bother adding info to the AOL page, I'm
sure they will eventually delete it.  I'll probably
call and have them delete it either way.

I replicated the info on a page at tripod (a free web
page server):

http://wake74.tripod.com/mgbv8.html

This page also has a functioning "guestbook" list type
thing on this web page.  I haven't done anything with
this page in probably a year, but I noticed there are
numerous new cars added to it, so it must still be
working.  Everyone who added their info in the AOL
page should still find it here.  I just ran another
test, it appears to be working fine.  It isn't very
user friendly, but since I'm working about 60 hours a
week, this isn't on the top of my list of things to
fix.  If everyone wants to "sign" there, I'll clean up
the page to make it look a little better and get rid
of the blank entries.

Ignore the lesson's learned part on the web page.  I
never got around to finishing it.

To catch up my old friends from the list on my current
life and MG progress.  I'm still working way too many
hours.  Weddding plans are just about finished, and
the wedding is planned for June at the Mt. Washington
Hotel in NH.  I could buy a really really nice V8
conversion for what this is costing us :-)  The bride
to be, loves the MG, and we take it out on most sunny
evenings during the warm months.

I finally got the V8 back on the road (with a fresh
coat of Jag blue paint) last fall, after replacing the
tired 215 with a fully rebuilt 3.9.  It also received
a new exhaust.  It now runs and sounds wonderful.  I'd
like to put a new rear end in it this year, but that
will probably wait until I've got a start on my
Formula Vee race car, that has been sitting in my
garage for 2 years waiting for some attention.

For those beginning a conversion, take a look at some
of the info on the tripod web page.  You'll find some
useful info there.

Have a great day!  Back to work for me.

Glenn