RE: Tubular cross members

To: "'James J.'" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tubular cross members
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:14:43 -0500
Cc: "'Larry Embrey'" <larry@embreyfamily.com>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James, Larry, others

A recent thread on the V8 bbs list concerned this topic- that is an improved
front end. One contributor had done a good bit of investigation regarding
Mustang II front ends & found a manufacturer that could make a front end
with a width of 54", ,only a bit wider than stock MGB. Price as I recall was
$1900.00 including brakes, shocks- coilovers, etc, ready to bolt in. No
provision for engine mounts was provided.

My offhand thought was that a conversion with Sebring fenders & a Ford rear
narrowed to match the front track using the M II front end might be a
reasonable way to go.

Jim Stuart